Antics Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you guys remember that episode of iCarly where Spencer faked his death

HomeCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Did You Know? EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 12:15 pm by Tagussie

» Counting Game
Did You Know? EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 8:45 am by Tagussie

» This Or That
Did You Know? EmptyWed Mar 20, 2024 9:53 pm by locktobre

» The Art Thread
Did You Know? EmptySun Jan 28, 2024 5:37 pm by Dott

» happy new year!
Did You Know? EmptySun Jan 28, 2024 5:36 pm by Dott

» Suggest a song to the user above!
Did You Know? EmptySat Dec 23, 2023 2:42 pm by Tagussie

» Did You Know?
Did You Know? EmptySun Dec 17, 2023 4:44 pm by chunkecheeks

» Heeya! :0
Did You Know? EmptyMon Dec 11, 2023 1:36 pm by Tagussie

» Opening doodle requests
Did You Know? EmptySun Dec 10, 2023 8:41 am by Tagussie

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 15 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:05 pm
Members with the most points
Dott
Did You Know? Vote_lcapDid You Know? Voting_barDid You Know? Vote_rcap 
Tagussie
locktobre
chunkecheeks
Stone
annafrozenwarrior2013
MissHobbie
mozukumi
redmagnolia

Did You Know?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MissHobbie
Friend
Friend
MissHobbie

Cunty Points : 20
Legend Status : 0
Job/hobbies : arts and crafts

Did You Know? Empty
PostSubject: Did You Know?   Did You Know? EmptySun Dec 03, 2023 9:14 pm

We all have subjects we're passionate about and would eagerly share facts about when asked, so I'm asking!

Share a fun fact/piece of trivia about one of your interests Exclamation

I'll start:
In 2016, a user wanted help finding an "evil farming game" they remembered where you supposedly kill your wife and then have avoid suspicion by hiding her body and continuing to farm like normal. The lost media community formed a subreddit, discord server, and chased leads for years! Then... in 2021 it was finally realized that the game was something Joel from Vinesauce came up with during a stream as a joke. The user who started it all fell asleep while watching said stream, and it became a false memory. Oops!

Your turn!

Dott and Tagussie like this post

Back to top Go down
Tagussie
Warrior
Warrior
Tagussie

Sagittarius Cat
Cunty Points : 78
Legend Status : 1
Job/hobbies : Drawing, videogames, animated shows
Humor : Bad if you laugh it's on you

Did You Know? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did You Know?   Did You Know? EmptyMon Dec 04, 2023 8:20 am

GREAAAT idea for a thread banana that's so funny.

Did you know kelp is a keystone species? Kelp alone can turn a barren underwater patch into an incredibly biodiverse place! Hosting hundreds of other species by itself. It's incredibly important, but sadly kelp forests are threatened in many parts of the world due to overharvesting Sad alginate is a compound that's HIGHLY in demand right now. It's on every fucking thing, especially food and cosmetics. It's not bad to use products with alginate per se, but some places have problems regulating harvest in a sustainable way. The most sustainable way to harvest algae is by just picking up what the current drifts into the shore (it's also super easy!), bc that's what came off the plants naturally just by the action of the waves. The most harmful way is by taking a crowbar and diving down into the roots and prying the entire plant off by the "foot" it uses to attatch itself to the bottom.
But kelp forests are SUCH beautiful ecosystems, I highly recommend looking up gifs and videos bc no picture can capture its beauty!! it's really all in the movement. Once an area is populated by kelp a TON of other animals move in. Molluscs, gastropods, echinoderms, fish, sharks, even my favorite OTTERS Razz call kelp forests home! So by protecting kelp you protect actually hundreds of other species!!
Back to top Go down
Dott
Admin
Admin
Dott

Virgo Rat
Cunty Points : 127
Legend Status : 0
Job/hobbies : Coloring, Picross, etc
Humor : Phlegmatic

Did You Know? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did You Know?   Did You Know? EmptyMon Dec 04, 2023 7:41 pm

Charles Schulz stopped using a character in Peanuts because a fan sent him a letter about how annoying she was LMAOOOO This is the letter he sent back!!

Did You Know? Https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F30987263-4f90-43e8-8126-19c92348a1d7_800x1022

Tagussie likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://cometcrystal.tumblr.com/
Tagussie
Warrior
Warrior
Tagussie

Sagittarius Cat
Cunty Points : 78
Legend Status : 1
Job/hobbies : Drawing, videogames, animated shows
Humor : Bad if you laugh it's on you

Did You Know? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did You Know?   Did You Know? EmptyWed Dec 13, 2023 9:50 am

I'm going down a spiraling rabbit hole about tragopans and I NEED to get this off my chest so I can focus so HI LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT TRAGOPANS!!!
Tragopan is the COOLEST genus in the family of Phaisanidae, or pheasant type birds!! There's five species in it and theyre all NEAT AS FUCK!! Why would this be?
Did You Know? Tragop10
this is a temmick's tragopan!

They don't look like much, right?
Well, the thing is, both of those are female! and tragopans are HIGHLY sexually dimporphic species in which the males steal all of the spotlight (as is common with birds!)
Not only are they very brightly colored and intrincately patterned per se:

Did You Know? Temminck_Tragopan
Same kind as the last one, just male!

But theydies and gentlethem, that's not all the fun tricks these birds are packing! see those wrinkly wattle looking things around the male's head? well those are INFLATABLE and super colorful!
Did You Know? 95600055_3163579547025631_8880880448339705856_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=7f8c78&_nc_ohc=2B578wUq6O4AX-nzgKD&_nc_ht=scontent.fscl13-1
EVERY single species has these amazing little like. Bib things and, my personal favorite, THE LITTLE HORNS!! they use those in their mating displays, wiggling them around, it's very cute. You can watch it here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exnECsBqf34
If you thought these were cool, look up the other species! all of them have really beautiful patterns, and watching the timeline of how they unfurl and deploy them is sick af imo Razz

Dott likes this post

Back to top Go down
chunkecheeks
Familiar Face
Familiar Face
chunkecheeks

Pisces Buffalo
Cunty Points : 47
Legend Status : 2
Humor : black bile

Did You Know? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did You Know?   Did You Know? EmptySun Dec 17, 2023 4:44 pm

LOVING the facts here!! I never knew the evil farming sim turned out to be a joel vinesauce related false memory that's so funny

here's a funfact i love, in 1184 Glastonbury Abbey was destroyed by a fire and conveniently in 1191 they found the tomb of King Arthur and Guinevere! Obviously since King Arthur the historical figure is so far removed from the mythological King Arthur there's no way this could be a real discovery. Historians agree that there likely was a real tomb there and the iron cross that read "Hic jacet sepultus inclitus rex Arturius in insula Avalonia" (Here lies interred the famous King Arthur on the isle of Avalon) was likely a fake to make the tomb look as if it were Arthur's. The whole reason for this was to draw in tourism! People had ceased making pilgrimages there after the fire so having a new relic for them to come visit brought in more pilgrims and therefore more donations to fix the abbey.

Later, the bodies were exhumed, paraded around, and then reburied in a fancier tomb underneath the altar of the main chapel on site. This was done by King Edward I who came from Norman aristocracy. After the Norman invasion, the Britons were scattered and mostly fled to Wales and Cornwall and greatly opposed the Normans. King Arthur is an old Briton legend, which is why he is referred to as King of the Britons. The Britons took King Arthur very seriously, and some believed the legend that he would return from Avalon to rule England again, which would mean a restoration of England to the Britons. The Normans greatly opposed this, so finding King Arthur's corpse and parading it around was a deeply political move. They were basically saying here's your great king he's dead as a doornail which means there's no one to oppose my rule.

After Henry VIII dissolved the monasteries, Glastonbury Abbey was abandoned (after the abbot was drawn and quartered on top of Glastonbury Tor, yikes!) and fell to ruins. Much of the materials left were taken by townsfolk for building material, leaving just skeletal structures of a few buildings, the kitchen in tact, and the vague outlines of the other buildings. The finding of King Arthur's grave has placed Glastonbury as a possible site for the isle of Avalon by Arthurian historians as well as proud locals. Glastonbury Tor (big giant hill) has also been proposed as a possible site for Camelot, and supposedly the battle of Camlann was fought in the area as well. While all of this is mythology, it's a very fun bit of myth that the town has adopted gladly. There are shops and murals and signs that proclaim Glastonbury as Avalon, and it has become a hotspot for spiritualism and healing.

Here are some pictures of me on both sites (original and final) of Arthur's grave as well as pictures i took of the ruins:

Did You Know? Fc0b2170fb4bc5e9b96698b290952cd90dc61216Did You Know? 1fe09e7619b31d81bb5e5769efaeedbb0abf2d37
Did You Know? 274faa1f68dcc9a33d25c71016eac647d2a297cfDid You Know? 373b32d2e600c4cc2c23a18258e75c828734fc5f

Dott and Tagussie like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Did You Know? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did You Know?   Did You Know? Empty

Back to top Go down

Did You Know?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Antics Forum :: Lol :: General-
Jump to: