Antics Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you guys remember that episode of iCarly where Spencer faked his death

HomeCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
OFFICIAL THANKSGIVING HATE THREAD EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 12:15 pm by Tagussie

» Counting Game
OFFICIAL THANKSGIVING HATE THREAD EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 8:45 am by Tagussie

» This Or That
OFFICIAL THANKSGIVING HATE THREAD EmptyWed Mar 20, 2024 9:53 pm by locktobre

» The Art Thread
OFFICIAL THANKSGIVING HATE THREAD EmptySun Jan 28, 2024 5:37 pm by Dott

» happy new year!
OFFICIAL THANKSGIVING HATE THREAD EmptySun Jan 28, 2024 5:36 pm by Dott

» Suggest a song to the user above!
OFFICIAL THANKSGIVING HATE THREAD EmptySat Dec 23, 2023 2:42 pm by Tagussie

» Did You Know?
OFFICIAL THANKSGIVING HATE THREAD EmptySun Dec 17, 2023 4:44 pm by chunkecheeks

» Heeya! :0
OFFICIAL THANKSGIVING HATE THREAD EmptyMon Dec 11, 2023 1:36 pm by Tagussie

» Opening doodle requests
OFFICIAL THANKSGIVING HATE THREAD EmptySun Dec 10, 2023 8:41 am by Tagussie

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 15 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:05 pm
Members with the most points
Dott
OFFICIAL THANKSGIVING HATE THREAD Vote_lcapOFFICIAL THANKSGIVING HATE THREAD Voting_barOFFICIAL THANKSGIVING HATE THREAD Vote_rcap 
Tagussie
OFFICIAL THANKSGIVING HATE THREAD Vote_lcapOFFICIAL THANKSGIVING HATE THREAD Voting_barOFFICIAL THANKSGIVING HATE THREAD Vote_rcap 
locktobre
chunkecheeks
Stone
annafrozenwarrior2013
MissHobbie
mozukumi
redmagnolia

OFFICIAL THANKSGIVING HATE THREAD

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dott
Admin
Admin
Dott

Virgo Rat
Cunty Points : 127
Legend Status : 0
Job/hobbies : Coloring, Picross, etc
Humor : Phlegmatic

OFFICIAL THANKSGIVING HATE THREAD Empty
PostSubject: OFFICIAL THANKSGIVING HATE THREAD   OFFICIAL THANKSGIVING HATE THREAD EmptyThu Nov 23, 2023 10:03 am

Thanksgiving is the worst holiday and I'm going to be seeing it all day so it's time to bitch about it flower

WORST FOOD! I have ARFID and sensory issues bc of autism, and I hate probably 95% of Thanksgiving-related food. And for a holiday centered around eating, this is a problem. Turkey is dry and tasteless and the only thing I can eat are bread rolls and rice!!! FLOP ASS HOLIDAY

STUPID CONCEPT! People are usually talking about giving thanks around Christmas too. Why not save it for then? Or just give thanks without needing a holiday to do it??? FLOP

COLONIALISM! Honestly even if the rest of the holiday was good we should throw the whole thing out and start over because it's a holiday founded on the murder of Native Americans! Why do people still dress up like pilgrims! Fucked up! FLOP

This has been my essay

chunkecheeks likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://cometcrystal.tumblr.com/
mozukumi
mozukumi

Scorpio Snake
Cunty Points : 17
Humor : swag

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL THANKSGIVING HATE THREAD   OFFICIAL THANKSGIVING HATE THREAD EmptyThu Nov 23, 2023 11:33 am

very lucky because i'm just .Not going to family thanksgiving this year. it's a 2 hour drive away from us, and my family is going on a day trip, which would mean 4 hours of driving in one day (which sounds like hell to me). and i'm currently embroiled in some bitter drama with one of my aunts, who has given me an ultimatum to "not criticize her" anymore (i told her to turn down the volume of a tv once in front of other people and this was war, i guess) (i know she will have the most awful takes on current politics).

so i'm tragically "sick" today, and sending the rest of my family to go off to the family thanksgiving without me. so sad....! what will i do with this entire day of free time, all to myself.

i did make one tragic thanksgiving mistake, which is that i watched the parade. and every year i watch the parade and remember that i dont particularly enjoy watching it. and yet every year i forget this. and so im trapped in this cycle.

sending strength to you, dott, and to anybody else who has to navigate the torment nexus this year!

Dott likes this post

Back to top Go down
Tagussie
Warrior
Warrior
Tagussie

Sagittarius Cat
Cunty Points : 78
Legend Status : 1
Job/hobbies : Drawing, videogames, animated shows
Humor : Bad if you laugh it's on you

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL THANKSGIVING HATE THREAD   OFFICIAL THANKSGIVING HATE THREAD EmptyThu Nov 23, 2023 7:28 pm

OH THANK YOU FOR THIS THREAD I'm not USAmerican and the internet makes thanksgiving inescapable. But when I learned about it's history I was shocked so many people celebrate this thing. THE COLONIALISM?!?!?!?!
Thank god I don't have to deal with this! My condolences to all the USAmerican people who have to go back to shitty families. The food sounds pretty good, I personally like pumpkin pie (the canned pumpkin pureé on every single damn recipe is pretty hard to find here tho, I recently found out I could easily substitute for homemade), and I'd love to try some of the other staples that seem so ubiquitous. I think if I was forced to celebrate the food would be my only solace.
Why don't you bring something for yourself next time, dott? Fuck all the stuff they have, YOU have something yummy YOU like so you can at the very least be included in that way, if you're gonna have to be there already.
Big hug to everyone who has to deal with thanksgiving rn (ノ`Д´)ノ

Dott likes this post

Back to top Go down
Stone
Friend
Friend
Stone

Cunty Points : 27
Job/hobbies : Hunting lost media..
Humor : Sure :Thumbsup:

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL THANKSGIVING HATE THREAD   OFFICIAL THANKSGIVING HATE THREAD EmptyThu Nov 23, 2023 9:32 pm

If it weren't for my family, I wouldn't celebrate it. At least I didn't have to go to my grandmother's this year, as her cooking is.. not amazing (I need to hold back my stomach when i eat her food) and i'm glad politics were avoided this year. Hopefully next year i'll find a way to get out of it. Even though i've been sick as a dog this week, I still ate with them because it's just easier to get it over with. At least I get a chilled can of cranberry jelly to myself.. huzzah.

Dott and Tagussie like this post

Back to top Go down
chunkecheeks
Familiar Face
Familiar Face
chunkecheeks

Pisces Buffalo
Cunty Points : 47
Legend Status : 2
Humor : black bile

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL THANKSGIVING HATE THREAD   OFFICIAL THANKSGIVING HATE THREAD EmptySat Nov 25, 2023 12:18 pm

i'm so late but it's literally the WORST!!!!!!!! i'm right there with you i hate like all of the food and cant eat it so i usually end up with a really sad plate that's like a piece of turkey and that's it. Maybe potatoes if they're there but that's rare. The only redeeming factor for this entire thing is pumpkin pie but i have pumpkin pie at christmas too so it doesn't matter.

plus i HAAAAATE big family gatherings so much like yeah great i'd love to sit around a table while my extended family calls me lazy to my face for staying in my room so often and asks me over and over why i don't have a boyfriend and haven't moved out yet.

trash holiday representing a false narrative of peace between colonists and native americans. throw it all away.

Dott and Tagussie like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL THANKSGIVING HATE THREAD   OFFICIAL THANKSGIVING HATE THREAD Empty

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL THANKSGIVING HATE THREAD
Page 1 of 1