Antics Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you guys remember that episode of iCarly where Spencer faked his death

HomeCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
media you like that is not very good EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 12:15 pm by Tagussie

» Counting Game
media you like that is not very good EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 8:45 am by Tagussie

» This Or That
media you like that is not very good EmptyWed Mar 20, 2024 9:53 pm by locktobre

» The Art Thread
media you like that is not very good EmptySun Jan 28, 2024 5:37 pm by Dott

» happy new year!
media you like that is not very good EmptySun Jan 28, 2024 5:36 pm by Dott

» Suggest a song to the user above!
media you like that is not very good EmptySat Dec 23, 2023 2:42 pm by Tagussie

» Did You Know?
media you like that is not very good EmptySun Dec 17, 2023 4:44 pm by chunkecheeks

» Heeya! :0
media you like that is not very good EmptyMon Dec 11, 2023 1:36 pm by Tagussie

» Opening doodle requests
media you like that is not very good EmptySun Dec 10, 2023 8:41 am by Tagussie

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 15 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:05 pm
Members with the most points
Dott
media you like that is not very good Vote_lcapmedia you like that is not very good Voting_barmedia you like that is not very good Vote_rcap 
Tagussie
media you like that is not very good Vote_lcapmedia you like that is not very good Voting_barmedia you like that is not very good Vote_rcap 
locktobre
chunkecheeks
Stone
annafrozenwarrior2013
MissHobbie
mozukumi
redmagnolia

media you like that is not very good

Go down 
+3
MissHobbie
Dott
mozukumi
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mozukumi
mozukumi

Scorpio Snake
Cunty Points : 17
Legend Status : 0
Humor : swag

media you like that is not very good Empty
PostSubject: media you like that is not very good   media you like that is not very good EmptySun Nov 19, 2023 3:47 pm

I just finished the game Charade Maniacs. And it was not a very good game! But it sure did compel me. It's an otome game that has nine whole love interests (and it SURE does not balance all of them well enough). And it's got a strong mystery focus, with only one (1) single love interest NOT having a hidden role of some sort. It's wild.

Anyway, I can't recommend the game, but it sure did scratch my brain. Do you guys have any pieces of media like that, which really aren't that good you still enjoy them?

Dott and Kat like this post

Back to top Go down
Dott
Admin
Admin
Dott

Virgo Rat
Cunty Points : 127
Job/hobbies : Coloring, Picross, etc
Humor : Phlegmatic

PostSubject: Re: media you like that is not very good   media you like that is not very good EmptySun Nov 19, 2023 9:01 pm

Oh this is a GOOD topic.

I'm OBSESSED with bad movies.... Neil Breen's filmography and The Room are absolute favorites. I got to see Cade: The Tortured Crossing in a fully-packed theater and it was one of the best experiences of my life.

Bad horror movies are a category all their own. Troll 2 is a classic one, and for good reason. I like "bad" horror flicks in general. They're just so campy and fun.

I'm a big Taylor Swift listener. I would argue her music is Not Very Good. But I was brainwashed from a young age and I'm probably gonna listen to her music for the rest of my life.

As far as things that are perceived as "bad" that aren't quite as campy as the previously-mentioned movies, I loooove the Wrinkle in Time remake that came out recently. What an absolutely stunning movie. It's a beautiful adaption of the book and everyone who hates it is racist and hates women I love you

Drop Dead Fred also gets a lot of shit from people, but it's my favorite movie of all time. I could write whole essays on this damn movie. And people write it off because Fred is annoying...that's the POINT!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://cometcrystal.tumblr.com/
MissHobbie
Friend
Friend
MissHobbie

Cunty Points : 20
Job/hobbies : arts and crafts

PostSubject: Re: media you like that is not very good   media you like that is not very good EmptySun Nov 19, 2023 9:46 pm

Strange Magic! It's such a mess. I'm almost too embarrassed to rewatch it because twice now I've tried showing it to friends who ended up clearly Not being into it and those memories makes me cringe. But gosh is it a charming mess.
Back to top Go down
Kat
Kat

Cunty Points : 6

PostSubject: Re: media you like that is not very good   media you like that is not very good EmptySun Nov 19, 2023 10:36 pm

Ohhh a lot of the things I like are very rough around the edges....I feel like stories that are 60-80% of the way realized or polished have a lot more character than like, 10/10 media, if that makes sense?

Rhapsody for the PS1 is the biggest one for me...one of my favorite games ever, almost the narrative equivalent of a warm bowl of soup, but the dungeon design is horrid and the combat is a no-brainer. It's still a very heartfelt game that you can tell the writer was very sincere about and the art and music is so charming and full of life, as well. It's also stunningly short - around ten hours if you're really intent on finishing all of the sidequests.

Some friends and I watched the Bulgarian Treasure Planet movie from the 1980s a few years back and it's so singular. I dunno. I appreciate it because it's not trying to be anything other than itself. This IS, however, a piece of media that I can't blindly suggest to anyone else, because I had a really great time for about 90% of its runtime, but then there's just...a random series of antiblack caricatures at the end?? media you like that is not very good 1f62c media you like that is not very good 1f62c So if that was the final nail in the coffin for anyone, I absolutely can't blame them. It really sullies an otherwise very fun experience.
Back to top Go down
redmagnolia
redmagnolia

Pisces Buffalo
Cunty Points : 15

PostSubject: Re: media you like that is not very good   media you like that is not very good EmptyMon Nov 20, 2023 9:42 pm

I will ride n die with ghost adventures for my whole life forever
Back to top Go down
https://redmagnolia.neocities.org/
Tagussie
Warrior
Warrior
Tagussie

Sagittarius Cat
Cunty Points : 78
Legend Status : 1
Job/hobbies : Drawing, videogames, animated shows
Humor : Bad if you laugh it's on you

PostSubject: Re: media you like that is not very good   media you like that is not very good EmptyTue Nov 21, 2023 1:47 pm

I've been watching Vox Machina for a while now, i'm somewhere in season two. I love DnD and animated shows so an animated DnD show about a campaign? sounds right up my alley! and I HAVE been enjoying it and I WILL keep watching it however it really isn't thaat great. It's not like it sucks but the writing that probably worked super well when it was an improvised campaign between friends really doesn't make for a good TV script. The humor is mid (I rarely laugh), the characters can be pretty flat sometimes, and the dialogue leaves a lot to be desired (cringe!! oh the irony poisoning of it all!).
Despite all this I'm determined to finish it ಥ_ಥ
Back to top Go down
chunkecheeks
Familiar Face
Familiar Face
chunkecheeks

Pisces Buffalo
Cunty Points : 47
Legend Status : 2
Humor : black bile

PostSubject: Re: media you like that is not very good   media you like that is not very good EmptyWed Nov 22, 2023 12:03 pm

quest for camelot is my biggest one i genuinely hate that movie so much it's such garbage but i also love it and the characters compel me. i can only recommend against it though it SUCKS

also cats 2019!!! it's terrible. i've seen it 13 times and will see it 13 more.

Tagussie likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: media you like that is not very good   media you like that is not very good Empty

Back to top Go down

media you like that is not very good
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Antics Forum :: Lol :: Media Hub-
Jump to: